This is one of those very rare, career-defining opportunities to join an innovative startup who is manufacturing and distributing smartphones across the African continent. Backed by one of Africa’s largest conglomerates, this is an opportunity to be part of something extremely exciting and without a doubt, will positively impact the lives of tens of millions of Africans across the continent.
Are you an adaptable, successful, and experienced Country Sales Manager; ready to hit the ground running – focusing on the whole of West Africa? Then we want to hear from you!
The role is based out of Nigeria, and you will be responsible for pushing Mara Phones into this new market—You need to come from a telco background and you must be very well connected in that space; across West Africa!
Country Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities
● Drive the business development aspect on the business with specific emphasis on
● pushing Mara Phones into the telco space across West Africa!
● Building strong relationships with industry professionals, vendors and competitors
● Plan, develop and oversee the overall business development strategy for West Africa
● Putting together go-to-market plans, revenue success plans and sales strategy plans
● Assist in recruiting the team that will be built beneath you
● Set KPI’s for your team, reporting to you
● Drive yourself and your team to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained
● Mentor and lead your team members directly reporting to you
● Uphold our values and vision
● Compiling regular market research reports
● Retention of your existing clients and the new clients you bring on board
● Collaborate with leadership to strategize how best to roll out product line
● Synthesize monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on progress and development (CRM experience is advantageous!)
● Contribute to the overall pan-African success of our company
Country Sales Manager Requirements and Qualifications
● Master’s degree, MBA or other relevant field, strongly preferred
● 5+ years’ or more experience in Business Development/ Sales specifically within the banking space
● Experience with leading sales teams
● Excellent command of MS Office and CRM software
● Exceptionally well organized and driven by success
● Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
● Outstanding negotiating and sales skills- a true ‘sales hunter’
● Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills
● A natural leader who inspires and motivates those around them – ability to lead from the front