- Reporting to CBO- Global Payments, you will work closely with:
- Account management and engagement team – for day to day account operations and monetisation
- Product team – Providing feedback from the market/customers on new features, product
improvements, new products etc.
- Legal – Minimising the Turn Around Time of contract from draft to signature internally
- Finance – to ensure pricing is optimised for Cellulant with commercials that deliver high margins
- Country Managers – in supporting in-country merchant requirements
- Treasury- Ensure we are offering competitive FX solutions to the merchant, competitive
settlement, optimise FX margins where applicable
- Customer Implementations team – Working closely with the account management team to
ensure rapid, high quality implementations for all new merchants.
As the Senior Manager – Global Merchant sales you work will entail:
- Selling Cellulant payment solutions to large businesses/ organizations operating globally
looking for solutions to collect from their customers in Africa.
- Thought leader on Payments in Africa and master communicator on the rapidly changing
infrastructure – payments, internet penetration, data prices, young-upwardly mobile
consumers and a growing middle class strengthening the case for the global organizations to play in Africa.
- Build a healthy pipeline, working on the right accounts to onboard on the Cellulant
Payment gateway across e-commerce, airlines, e-travel, social and search etc.
- Negotiating deals and close contracts.
- Build a long-term trustful relation with your merchants.
- Creating personal contact with your merchants/prospects
- Working directly with decision makers in large organizations and possess the know how
to tell an appealing story to get them interested in using Cellulant services.
- Work together with implementation and account management teams to deliver customer
- Co-ordinate and facilitate contracting review and sign-off internally
What you’ve accomplished and who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for a business or technology related field
- 5+ years’ experience working in commercial, sales, account management, business
development in a high-performance organization selling enterprise solutions & or payment solutions
- Proven prior experience in a sales/ business development role working for a payment
company with international reach is an added advantage
- Track record of building a high-performing Human Resources and Talent Management team over time
- Expert knowledge of the payment industry & Fintech
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and demonstrated ability as a problem solver
In addition, you must possess the following skills:
- A strong and direct communicator.
- Flexible and creative
- Independent and proactive business executive.
- You must be willing to travel up to 50% of your time.
- A proven track record of closing deals
- Results orientated with agility to adapt under evolving circumstances
- Informal yet professional.