Reporting to: Managing Director
Inclusion in company benefits and incentive schemes
Qualifications: Minimum of 1st degree and appropriate experience. MBA preferable
Key attributes: Self-starter with the proven ability and track record to grow an e-retailing/online business. The ability to develop strategies and plans that align with the overall business objectives. Excellent communication skills, networking skills and a committed team player. Should have the ability to get the best out of their own team but also that of partners and agencies to ensure the business hits all growth KPIs.
Overall: Responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the entire organization and branded products product in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. Ensure that Marketing campaigns support the growth ambitions of an early stage business.
Roles and Responsibilities
To include but not limited to the following activities but above all else ensure that the Marketing activities continuously adapt to support the business objectives in the most cost effective manner:
- By being attuned to the market, you can direct the team toward marketing success. Directing the market research efforts where they are necessary will help you to lead a winning team.
- Collaborate with, communicate with, and liaise with other departments and teams, with the goal of unifying customer service, distribution, and other aspects of the company in order to meet market demands.
- Define marketing strategies that are supportive of the overall objectives of our company.
- Develop a marketing plan, with budget and oversee it’s day to day implementation and activities.
- Network in order to create strategic partnerships to drive innovative growth strategies.
- Design and coordinate PR campaigns and promotional materials across a variety of channels
- Ensure that all marketing and branding materials adhere to the latest Pharmaceutical Industry regulations.
Organize, plan and oversee the execution of:
- Public Relations
- Marketing efforts
- Promotional Campaigns
- Work across a variety of channels (digital, print, etc.)
- Constantly look for new marketing techniques that can have a positive impact on the customer messaging as well as business operations
- Constantly review the effectiveness of campaigns/tactics and amend as possible to ensure the best ROI for marketing investments.
- Stay within Monthly, Quarterly and Annual budgets
- Provide Monthly Cash Forecasts
- Manage staff that are allocated to the Marketing Department
- Provide Weekly Reportsby Friday at 2pm to include update on KPIs
- Provide Monthly Reports to include achievements, Focus & KPIs
- Maintain a Risk Register updated as required but at least Monthly
- Constantly look for new technologies and how they can have a positive impact on the customer as well as business operations
- Proven experience as Head of Marketing; some similar positions considered
- Working understanding of data analysis methods and market research
- Application of marketing techniques and strategies across a variety of channels, both digital and non-digital (with a particular focus on digital)
- Understanding of a variety of disciplines (Finance, IT, etc.)
Proficient or better in the following:
- MS Office
- Business Software (i.e. CRMs)
- Leadership, creatively and analytically
- Communication skills, verbally and written
- BSc or BA in business administration, marketing, communication, or other relevant field. MSc or MA is very desirable
- Ensuring that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business by ensuring that all team members carry out their activities purposefully, responsibly, ethically and legally and ensuring that all customer engagement efforts meet relevant regulatory standards
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of own team by reviewing reports, analysing performance of individual team members and providing the team and senior management with necessary feedback.
- Establishing an effective regular and timely communications plan with the Company and / or Board. Deliver (at a minimum) a weekly report and review to the MD of key deliverables and priorities
- To assess the principal risks of the Company as regards our marketing approach and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed
- To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place
- To abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all contractors to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies.
- To ensure that the Company has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
- Ensuring that all marketing efforts meet relevant regulatory standards
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested from time-to-time by the Company, Board and / or other related parties, consistent with the skills and experience presented by the Employee