Actively sell Innervation products and services, perform sales and generate revenue in line with prescribed sales targets. Actively pursue and meet prospective clients in line with a predefined set of sales activities. Up-sell existing client base and keep them informed of new products or offerings. Create and maintain good customer relationships in order to create up-sell opportunities.
As a Sales Consultant, you will need to understand and stay close to the needs and perceptions of clients by ensuring that the clients are regularly engaged and kept abreast of new product/service offerings. Ensures, through regular client meetings, prospecting and engagements, that sales objective are achieved.
Duties will include, but not be limited to
- Cold sales calls from own generated databases and/or lists found or referrals and setting up appointments
- Sales calls
- Converting merchants within the sales funnel
- Post-sale call and email follow ups
- Promotional or new product upsell/cross sell/service calls
- Research new sales leads
- Ensure all set company standards and targets achieved
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly reporting and feedback loops as required
- Provide proactive feedback regarding suggested changes or improvements to scripting, sales or service procedures that could improve the business.
- Sign-up merchants and assist them with FICA documentation required
- Cold canvasing and field sales drop-ins, in line with monthly goals and target customer audience
- Facilitate sign up process and documentation
- Complimentary follow up visits to larger clients
- Uphold company standards and values at all times when representing the brand
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly territory analysis
- Monitor competition in the marketplace and share any relevant insights
- Take full ownership and accountability for resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, offering solutions and making recommendations to management
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through ongoing self and shared learning
- Monitor and evaluate success and failure of conversion rates from the previous week and identify solutions to failed conversions
- Be professional and be a self-starter with very strong communication skills.
- Be proficient in both the spoken and written word, preferably English and Afrikaans.
- Understand how retail businesses work
- And above all – be excellent at generating and closing sales to bring in revenue to the business
Key skills and experience:
- Proven track record delivering on sales targets and successfully dealing with customer relationships
- High sales focus and customer orientation
- Effective networking skills.
- Excellent selling skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in using a CRM tool for managing customers
- Intermediate knowledge using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Intermediate knowledge of internet usage
- FICA training/experience advantageous
- Basic understanding of business finance
- Industry knowledge – specific to retail or banking (acquiring) industry
- A minimum 3 year’s sales, service or related industry experience
- High integrity
- Independent, driven and disciplined
- Street smart and commercial
- Not afraid of challenges, objections and rejection
- Confident and persuasive but not arrogant
- Results and solutions focused
- High ownership and accountability
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and overtime, if required
- A valid driver’s license and own reliable transport
A market related basic salary with commission benefits.