- Provide local and remote end-user support, resolving technical issues and providing technical assistance for Windows and Mac operating systems
- Setup new and existing users with relevant equipment and appropriate access to the company’s systems (Active Directory, Email, etc.)
- Implement, install, maintain, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and evaluate existing and new Microsoft Windows Server / desktop operating systems with a willingness to learn about Linux based operating systems that
- the company utilizes.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software applications used within the company
- Implement, install, maintain, configure and troubleshoot new and existing hardware equipment.
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot additional office IT / networking equipment including but not limited to VOIP phone system, CCTV system, network infrastructure, access control system, WAN interfaces, firewall devices.
- Assist software development team with current and prospective system changes and future needs.
- Maintain system data security and integrity for the computing environment.
- Maintain network security through inspection of network equipment, review of firewall rules, rotating of authentication keys on wireless access points as well as VPN services.
- Implement security measures through the use of special software and tools.
- Continuous tracking of status and progress through applicable management tool.
- Document, create and maintain internal procedures.
- Recommend improvements to existing processes, procedures, policies and systems.
- Configure, test and monitor backups to ensure continuity and a minimum of data loss is suffered in the event of failure.
- Update and maintenance of the office asset and other registers.
- Any additional tasks requested / required from management
- 2+ years’ experience on desktop / server hardware, software and networking
- Matric and relevant IT qualifications (A+,N+, etc.)
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- A broad knowledge in computer networking, server/client operating systems and applications
- Strong analytical ability and a systematic approach in general IT fault finding and troubleshooting in both software and hardware.
- A passion to learn, grow and expand current skill set
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and able to work in a team
- Ability to work after hours when required and within a high-pressure environment
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Ability to author windows powershell scripts
- Exposure and experience with scripting technologies such as Python and Bash
- Cloud services – IaaS (preferably Amazon AWS) and SaaS (preferably G Suite)
- Remote Management tools
- Exposure to Linux operating systems
- Exposure to financial services industry / other high-load, zero-downtime threshold businesses